WHAT IS BIOLOGIC DENTISTRY?
The inception of an organized biologic concept to the practice of dentistry had its origin in the late 1800's when the National Dental Association recognized the harmful effects of mercury fillings and mandated non-use by its members. This warning has finally been recognized and acted upon by several foreign countries that have either banned the use of mercury fillings or are in the process: Sweden, Germany, and Austria. The next major contribution occurred in the 1930's when a dentist, Weston Price, teamed up with an anthropologist, Francis Pottenger to document the link between tooth decay and bad bites to the processing of food (as presented in their well documented book: Nutrition and Physical Degeneration). This as well as other research provided the basis for biologic dentistry to utilize nutritional concepts in the treatment of oral disease. The 1940's witnessed the unheeded dental and medical communities' scientific warnings of the dangers of fluoride. After dismal results and many painful lessons 98% of Western Europe have banned the use of fluoride in their drinking water. Many other major countries have followed in their footsteps: Japan, Belgium, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Poland, India and China. The third major discovery involved focal infections from root
canalled teeth and cavitational problems (residual infections in the bone following tooth extraction) placing a burden on the body's immune system with direct targeting of organs. Additional discoveries that span the era of the 1930's to present, by numerous researchers have helped link the distress from imbalances in the cranio-sacral system and teeth. This latter connection will prove to be one of the most important discoveries in the history of dental medicine. This evolutionary transition has awakened a new consciousness and infused...excitement among biologic dental practitioners worldwide. Biologic dentistry offers the dentist a golden opportunity to practice at the highest professional level and the patient the chance to resolve their health issues.
"The blood that runs through your tooth will run through your toe in one minute."-Timothy A. Kersten, D.D.S.
AFTER MERCURY AND/OR METHYL MERCURY ENTERS THE BODY, WHAT DAMAGE CAN IT DO?
1. Combine with enzymes and proteins and inactivate them for normal body function.
2. ...[it can] combine with a transport system like hemoglobin so it cannot act it's normal function....[With hemoglobin], the result would be decreased oxygen transport.
3. It can be combined with other metals...creating a battery in the mouth capable of generating electric current.
4. Mercury very easily enters our body's cells and can destroy the DNA or nuclear material within those cells. This can lead to premature aging or reduce[d] resistance. Normal cells live for a short span, then duplicate themselves. Mercury injured cells die without replacing themselves.
THERE ARE 5 BASIC AREAS WHERE AMALGAM REMOVAL HAS BEEN ASSOCIATED WITH IMPROVEMENTS IN HEALTH....
NEUROLOGICAL.... a) Emotional (especially depression, irritability, suicidal tendancies, inability to cope). b) Motor (such as multiple sclerosis, seizures, facial twitches, muscle spasms).
2. CARDIOVASCULAR (Endocarditis, heart valves, or lungs).
3. COLLAGEN DISEASES (Problems with the cementing sub- stances of the cells such as scleroderma, arthritis, lupus, bursitis).
4. IMMUNOLOGICAL....Interference...[caused by mercury] gives you more suseptibility to catch whatever diseases are 'going around'.
5. ALLERGIES (Foods, airborn, universal reactors. Mercury in combination with what you are 'allergic to' will rupture white blood cells and can precipitate...an allergic reaction....
Fillings have two types of electrical current in them, electro- positive and electro-negative. ...When positively charged fillings are removed while leaving negative ones behind, the patient often feels worse.... [And], their chances for improvement drop[s] drastically. If negatively charged fillings are removed first, there is not much 'withdrawl' feeling and chances for success ...approach the 80% mark.
With scientific technology now on the cutting edge, research on Bioelectricity and its effects on the body is just now being... [observed].
Four states have passed legislation that either ban[s] the use of mercury altogether or...[requires]...dentist[s]...provide the patient with information regarding the possible side effects.... Interesting!!
For appointments or estimates:BiologicDentists@yahoo.com